Monday, August 4, 2014

How is Methylcobalamin (vitamin B12) Made?



"These days vitamin B12 is produced commercially by direct fermentation, using 'Propionibacterium Shermanii' or 'Peracoccus Denitrificans':

1) P. Shermanii can be grown in anaerobic culture for 3 days and in aerobic culture for 4 days to produce vitamin B12. The growth medium contains glucose, cornsteep liquor (a waste product of starch manufacturer) and cobalt chloride, maintained at PH7.

2) For P. Denitrificans, the growth medium contains sucrose, betaine, glutamic acid, cobalt-chloride, 5-6 dimethyl-benzimidacole and salts; and it is grown for 2 days in aerated culture for B12 production". (Link)

- Note: "Animals and plants require cobalt in order to synthesize / produce B12. (B12 is called cobalamin because of the cobalt atom in it's center). In reply to 'where does the bacteria come from', one could maybe reply 'from cobalt', but this isn't totally 100% correct. It comes from a combination of microorganisms and cobalt...Commercial B12 production is partly based on growing B12 on the surface of molasses" (Link).

7 comments:

  1. I always like your blog post because you always comes with different ideas and information. I always shared your site post with my friends. Keep posting and i will follow you.
    vitamin b methylcobalamin

    ReplyDelete
  2. With due respect, can you please suggest which company's methylcobalamin injections are ok for vegetarians??
    Kindly help.

    ReplyDelete
  3. May I know what is methylcobolamin made from? I think I read somewhere sometime ago that it comes from animals in some way? Thanks very much!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes yes & yes many cancers & like diseases like HIV/AIDS, HSV/HERPES, and many organ related diseases are cured this days with herbal remedies & more herbal treatments are being discovered all the time. More anticancer & antiviral herbal drugs are in clinical trials this days than ever before and promising herbalist like Dr Utu all thanks to him. I do hear of many people he has helped cured their diseases using African natural Herbs & Roots. I'm Paul G. From Australia a father of four which include 3 girls and a boy. My boss is more than a father to me, he assist my family even financially. He completely lost himself when he was diagnosed of kidney stone & to make matter worst he started noticing his first outbreak. Ever since his kidney stone issues, he keep having herpes outbreak on any little fever. He's my boss and the only way I can pay him is to help his situation. At first I doubted Dr Utu, but in a case of life & death as this am left with only a choice. I contacted Dr Utu to give him a try. He sent herbal meds to my boss that completely flushed out the stone in his kidney. He completely cured my boss of kidney stone and herpes virus using African herbs. I also prescribed this herbal cure for a colleague with HIV and he was completely cured. Dr Utu is health future. Through me Dr Utu have completely cured; herpes, hiv, cancers, kidney stone. I think it pays to be good because you never know who might pay you back in future. So my knowledge on this is what I share. For the sick, trying herbal meds will tell you the different. Reach Dr Utu on his email; drutuherbalcure@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much for sharing such a great article. your amazing thoughts and tips for house cleaning. Your blog is very informative and helpful. I really like it. Keep giving me an update.
    vitamin b12 shots near me

    ReplyDelete
  6. B12 is required in areas where there is high cell turnover, for example the gastrointestinal tract, bone marrow and nervous system.. If you are looking for vitamin B 12 you should try this.
    B-12

    ReplyDelete